Sunbelt 2019 Workshop Materials
Pages in this Section
- A Sample Network Canvas Interview
- Building a protocol using Architect
- Server and Network Canvas Workflows
This workshop will be a full day experience in order to provide a comprehensive introduction to the topics covered. Upon completion participants will have the skills to:
- Create an egocentric interview
- Create a whole network interview
- Implement their own measures and techniques in a Network Canvas interview
- Deploy interviews to field devices
- Obtain data from field devices
- Export data for use in their favorite network data analysis tools
Additionally, participants will receive hands-on assistance from our project team and will be able to contribute feedback to the project to directly shape the direction of our development.
Network Canvas is funded by the National Institutes of Health (R01 DA042711).
- Attendees should have a basic understanding of social network data capture.
- Participants should download and install the public beta versions of Network Canvas, Server, and Architect from the project website prior to the workshop.
- Doing this will require a laptop running Windows 10, macOS 10.13+, or Linux. Participants may optionally bring additional devices (tablet computers running Android 7.1+ or iOS 10+, or select models of Chromebook) for further testing. We will have a limited number of devices with us that you can use within the workshop to evaluate the tradeoffs of different platforms.
Two three hour sessions (morning and afternoon) on the same day.