Updating from Beta to the Stable Release
Table of contents
We are excited to announce the release of the stable versions of the three apps in the Network Canvas Suite. This software is the product of the wonderful support we have received from testers and colleagues - so please accept a sincere ‘thank you’ from the Network Canvas project team!
If you are currently using beta versions of our software, you may have seen a notice informing you that it is no longer supported. Going forward, we will only be providing support and updates for the stable versions of our software. This is because we made several important changes that cannot easily be back-ported.
In order to avoid inconveniencing you, we made the decision to release these new versions alongside the existing software, and to keep the existing software unchanged, so that you can continue to use it for any in-progress data collection that might be underway.
PLEASE NOTE: it will not be possible to migrate data from the beta versions of Server or Network Canvas to the stable versions.
Because of this, you should conclude any research and export all the data you require from both Server and Network Canvas before uninstalling the beta versions, and installing the stable versions. Protocols you have authored in Architect can be automatically upgraded by the stable version of Architect.
- When you are absolutely certain that you have exported all data you require from Network Canvas and Server, and you have your protocol files saved to a location you can remember, please uninstall the existing applications. Windows users who do not know how to uninstall software should consult this Microsoft support article. MacOS users can find the same information in this Apple support article. For iPadOS users, information on removing apps can be found here, and Android users can find information for their devices on this page.
- Visit the download page to download the installation packages for the stable version of the software.
- (Optional) If you want to continue using a protocol file you have already authored, open it in the stable release of Architect, and it will be automatically upgraded to be compatible with the stable versions of Network Canvas and Server. You may then install it on your Network Canvas device.
- (Optional) You can then also use your upgraded protocol in Server, as with previous versions. You will need to re-pair any Network Canvas client devices you wish to use.
- If you encounter problems exporting your data from the beta versions of the software, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.