Network Canvas Documentation
Welcome to our documentation portal, and thank you for your interest in the Network Canvas project.
We hope that over the coming weeks and months this website will develop into a one-stop resource for any and all information relating to using this software. Producing documentation is a top priority for our team, but it will take us some time to cover everything. If you spot a gap in our documentation, or have a question, please feel free to contact us. In the meantime, thank you for your patience!
Some initial pages that might be useful are:
- Our FAQ (coming soon)
- The installation guide for the software
- The project overview
- Citing the software
We encourage you to use the search function to find articles on any given topic. Our pages are heavily interlinked, and information is necessarily spread around.
Structure of this site
Please explore the pages and headings to the left. Aside from some top-level pages (such as the Project Overview and the Installation Guide), the bulk of our documentation is under the following headings:
- Tutorials - where you will find in-depth articles that take you through the most fundamental tasks you can accomplish with the software, such as building a protocol, running it in network canvas, and exporting data.
- Key Concepts - which has self-contained articles on all the fundamental concepts within the Network Canvas software.
- Interface Documentation - if you are looking for specific information about the configuration options of an interface, this section contains a page dedicated to each type.
- Technical Documentation - if you have more advanced technical questions, such as about the security implementation, or how to develop your own custom functionality within Network Canvas, this section provides articles on a variety of technical topics.
Away from these sections, we have also created a section to help with the practical aspects of conducting a study using the Network Canvas software. The [Research Design] section covers:
- Choosing hardware for conducting a Network Canvas study (coming soon)
- Configuring your devices prior to starting data collection
- Best practices for security and IRB submission